FAMILY LEGACY BOND
UTMOST INTERNATIONAL ISLE OF MAN LIMITED
The Family Legacy Bond is a single premium investment bond, based in the Isle of Man, wrapped in a discounted gift trust.
It’s a capital redemption bond, which means it can continue for up to 99 years. That gives your clients’ trustees more control and lets the trust fund be used for flexible generational planning.
IT THEN PROVIDES
An ‘income’ in the form of regular withdrawals which is paid to your client, with the payment amount and frequency decided at the outset. Your client can choose a payment frequency of monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or annually. Payments will be made throughout their lifetime – or until the bond value reaches zero.
The potential for an immediate inheritance tax reduction on the value placed into the scheme. Eventually the bond will provide a trust fund for family or friends, who are likely to be able to benefit from the inheritance tax saving achieved by the settlor.
THE FAMILY LEGACY BOND IS
- Available in pounds sterling only
- Available with a minimum investment of £100,000
- Unable to be cashed in or assigned during your clients’ lifetime. It is designed to be encashed by their trustees to distribute to the beneficiaries.
Please note ‘income’ payments are withdrawals of capital from the bond.
PLEASE BEAR IN MIND
- Our products are designed for UK residents.
- Your client’s investment can go down as well as up and they could get back less than they paid in.
- The information above is based on our interpretation of current law and taxation. Tax rules can change and are subject to individual circumstances.